Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Final Reflection 5/18/15

     The three most important things that I learned this year was to have more patience, time management, and responsibility. I learned to have more patience with people in my class when they didn't understand something or when they were being really loud. This class taught me time management because I usually save everything until last minute so I end up doing all my work on Thursday which leaves me no time to study for vocabulary. That's why now I try to do everything on different days. I learned the responsibility of turning in my things on time like article of the weeks, blogs, etc. The one thing that we did this year that I will remember for the rest of my life is two things: vocabulary and works cited. The vocabulary tests that we did helped me learn new words and expand my vocabulary. The works cited I will remember because they are very useful and I never knew how to do them until this language arts class.

     One of the nicest things that someone from this class ever did for me was to help me understand what we were doing in class when I was absent or not there. They really helped me know what was going on in class when I missed it or was late. This year, I'm not actually sure I taught my classmates or teacher anything, but if I could I would teach them that if you really try, you can get things done. For example, I am always reading in that class so that probably taught people to be determined to finish what you've started and accomplish your goal.

     I think that something I'm really proud of/improved in was my blogs. Sometimes, I used to make them kind of short and they weren't that good. I learned over the quarters how to improve my writing and actually even write more with better quality. Something that I accomplished this year that I was proud of was when I got A's every quarter for this class. I am proud of this because it's kind of hard to always get the good grade of an A. Although, the most hard part of the year for me was doing the argumentative writing because it was a lot of work and it took pretty long to do. The only thing that was easier was putting the letter together to the governor.

     The best piece of writing that I did this year was doing my Breaking Dawn blog. I think that this was one of my good blogs because I feel that it was thorough. I, for the first time, wrote a lot in my blog so I was proud of it. Even though I wrote a lot of longer lengthy blogs, this one was my favorite.

     Of all of the books that I've read this year, my favorite was Four by Veronica Roth. I liked this book a lot because I have read Divergent and this book was in Tobias's (Four) perspective. I think that it really helped me learn about his character more. I really enjoyed this book because it was the same exact story, but they put him as the main character instead, so you could see his perspective when the main character (Tris) was somewhere else.

     Some advice that I would give to the students for next year would be to have good time management and to save nothing until last minute. I am saying this from my experience because when I turned in work late, I got falcon fouls. I would also say to always do your work so you can be prepared for class. Also, I probably think that you should study your vocabulary for tests on Friday because I alway study the morning of, and I barely get a good grade. Lastly, I would just say good luck to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment