Tuesday, May 24, 2016

This I Believe Speech

                                                              "Honesty is Key"

     I believe that honesty is key in life. Do you recall the last time that you told a lie? Many people go about their day, not even noticing that they are telling a lie. In my opinion, to live authentically, you should tell the truth to live free of doubt; and know you are doing the right thing. Well, why is honesty important? It is of great significance because it can make a massive difference in your life when you are not truthful.

    Last summer, I learned that honesty is the best policy, which is something that we are always taught. That day when I was just watching a show, my mom came into my room; and I put my phone down so I could speak to her. I presume I did it too quickly, that it appeared that I was hiding something; which lead her to question me. At the time I was way too stubborn so I didn't tell her what I was doing, even though I wasn't hiding anything. That one slight event turned into her taking my phone away for a very long time, especially since I refused to tell her my password as well.
   
      Therefore, she restarted my whole phone, and gave it back to me completely blank after about a month. I had to wait long before buying a new one myself. Eventually, we both forgave each other for what had happened; and even though this was a negative experience, I am now joyful to have experienced this to know to be honest in the future. I've found that I am a more honest person to this day, and this is a memory that will never choose to fade from my mind; as I learned my lesson that day.

No comments:

Post a Comment