Thursday, May 5, 2016

Socratic Semimar Morrie Reflection

     The past four Socratic Seminars influenced my thinking about Tuesdsys With Morrie and life in general in several ways. One thing that I thought about after the first seminar was just about the different aspects of the book that I hadn't before. It made me notice that the book was full of both explicit and hidden lessons. I also thought about the little details that the book included, such as paying attention to your surroundings instead of "sleepwalking". The seminar also made me rethink many of my life decisions that I may have regretted, even though I'm still young.

      One trend that I noticed for my personal goals was to speak a little more, or bring up different topics that no one had brought up. Basically, most of the goals were to find somewhere to include myself in the conversation. Another goal was to give more questions to move the discussion along. This extra goal changed the pattern or trend since I actively tried to achieve my goals. I achieved my goal of speaking more by starting the third Socratic Seminar off with a question.

     There were a few trends in each of the class' discussions. Some of the trends were for the good, and some were for the bad. One trend was sometimes going off topic from what someone said, or talking about completely different things. Although, some of the things that were good trends were making connections to the books, and bringing others to the conversation. Overall, all of the Socratic seminars went very different from each other, and both had good and bad elements to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment