Monday, February 16, 2015

Poetry Reflection 2/16/15

Poetry Reflection on Loved Ones by Laura L. Lewis

     This poem is about trying to get through the pain when you lose a loved one. It also is talking about how i seems so fast when they leave and you realize they won't come back. I think that the author wrote this because she was probably going through a hard time of losing a family member or a friend that she loved. So, she probably wanted to express her feelings in this poem. 

     While I was reading this poem, I was picturing people at memorials or funerals. I also visualized people being sad or crying. This poem reminds me of when I was about eight years old and my great grandma died. I was really sad then; and I remembered this when I was reading.


   

I chose this picture of a candle because; since this poem is about loss, when you blow out a candle, it goes out so fast and quickly just like when a loved one is lost. Also, you know that it (the flame) just won't reappear.
                                                                        








<<< Poem

No comments:

Post a Comment