Thursday, February 18, 2016

Night 2/17/16

Prompt: After reading I wonder...

     After reading nearly all of Night by Elie Wiesel, I wonder many things. This book provokes many questions when I remember that this is all real and it all happened. One thing that I wonder about is if Elie knew that his mother and sister died when they got separated, or if he learned that later. I think about this because I imagine it would be an even bigger weight on his back from everything that he was going through (if he knew right away). I wonder if he knew right then and there, or if he found out later.

                                                          

     One other thing that I think about is if Elie ever started to believe in God again. I would assume he would, since he is alive to write this book, but I'm not sure if he ever was religious again. This is making me think about it since when he was young, he used to be extremely religious. Although, all of his time spent in all of the camps slowly made him less and less of a believer. He would stop saying the Kaddish and not fast.

     After reading, I also wonder how exactly did he manage to get out if the camps? How did he feel? Also, how was his life after he recently got out? There are many things that I wonder about what happened after he got out. I also wonder how many people managed to escape with him, and what had happened to the rest of the people who didn't escape. Sometimes, I also wonder about the perspective of the leaders of the camps and what they were thinking. Those are just some if the things that I wonder before finishing the book, so it might answer them later.

No comments:

Post a Comment