Friday, October 17, 2014

1st Quarter Reflection 9/30/14


     This quarter, I have learned a lot of thing in Mrs. Larson's Lit/La class. I have learned about how to annotate, write proper paragraphs, new vocabulary, and a lot more. Now that it's the end of first quarter, things like these are easier for me. One thing that we did in class every week is vocabulary and root words. I learned a lot of new words from practicing them each week. I even saw a lot of these in the book I last read; Twilight.

    I read Twilight for my 40 book challenge. This is another thing we are doing. So far, I'm on my seventh book. This challenge is very good to help learn new things and vocabulary. I like this because we learn about totally different topics because we have to read a certain number of different genres; instead of reading our favorite genre the whole time. That way, we wouldn't learn that many new things.

     Another thing I learned was how to write a proper paragraph and use correct punctuation. There are some things that I had to learn again because I forget things. For example, I learned that I had to indent each paragraph. I forgot how to do that over the summer. Another thing that I remembered is how to use the semicolon again. I also know synonyms to a lot of words now. When I am writing something and the words are to easy, I have to use the thesaurus.

     Lastly, I learned how to do research on certain topics. We did this in the Aow's. Something that I learned from this was how to look for something instead of taking it straight from an assignment. Like, instead of being told what to do in step by step directions,  you have to go out and look for your answers. So, so far, those are some things I've learned in first quarter.

No comments:

Post a Comment